Making your own marinara sauce is extremely easy to do. This recipe staple is packed with flavor and can be used in many of your favorite dishes. Your family will love it!
What You Need:
2 pounds Roma tomatoes (around 8-10), cut in half
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil essential oil
1 toothpick Oregano essential oil
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic cloves on baking sheet.
- Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil on top of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for 1-2 hours or until the tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until it reaches the desired consistency. For a smoother and thinner consistency, add 2-4 tablespoons of water.
- Add Basil and Oregano essential oil and stir. Make sure to taste the marinara to see if you need more salt, pepper, or essential oils.
Note: For one toothpick of essential oil, simply dip a toothpick into the essential oil and swirl it into the marinara sauce. This will help give a flavor that is not overwhelming.
- You’re done! Enjoy with spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.