Pasta salad is a staple for outdoor events and is a great way to feed a lot of people without spending a lot of money. This delicious and tangy pasta salad is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Display in a decorative bowl for a lovely presentation.
Submitted by Melissa Loughney, Texas
“This is a great pasta salad for a potluck or picnic since there’s not any mayo!”
1 (16oz) pkg. bow-tie pasta
2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
7 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 medium sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup of pickled banana pepper rings
1 (2 1/4 oz) black olive slices
8 slices salami, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 drops Basil essential oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients leaving dressing until last.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
- Toss dressing with pasta until coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!