This delicious granola recipe is sure to please everyone in the family. There are countless ways to enjoy this granola such as on your favorite yogurt, on top of a smoothie, or just by itself. The Cinnamon essential oil adds a nice flavor and spice to the granola that will keep you going back for more.
What you need:
4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1.5 cups sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
10 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large glass bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
- Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture. Add essential oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a large metal pan and put into oven.
- Stir granola every ten minutes to help granola bake evenly.
- After 20 minutes in oven, add dried cherries and cranberries.
- Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until granola is golden brown.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in airtight container.